The Dog Poison

Posted by Mark

Around 2 weeks back I posted a video along with some pictures of dogs that were poisoned in the Free Trade Zone. I just found out that aldaronline.com have an article (in Arabic) on the poisoning as well as pictures of the poison being placed and of how it looks like. As you can see below, it looks like regular dog food.

Not sure if anyone other paper picked up on this story but here is a link to the article on aldaronline.com. [Link]

In case you missed my previous post on this subject click [Here]

via Froyo Nation


google plus share facebook share twitter share


20 comments, add your own...


  1. Burhan says:

    Why does it look like chocolate biscuits to me…!

  2. Sumi says:

    Oh gosh…terrible…it even has tiny carrots into it…look just like the canned dog food I use to give to our family dog…aoozooo bilahi

  3. Longhorn in Kuwait says:

    Whoever told these people to plant these poison traps for dogs should be poisoned too!

  4. vampire says:

    not a topic to start the day with :(

  5. meh says:

    Poor dogs.. why would anybody do that? Kuwait has a problem with stray cats not dogs. Poison the cats genius.

    • Joe Pistone says:

      Poisoning cats is not the answer either.

      Some countries have an overgrown population and the world is growing exponentially. Should we poison over populated families in over populated countries?

      A better answer needs to be found to this stray dog and cat “problem”.

  6. Joe Pistone says:

    Peanutbutter is safe. Chocolate upsets their stomach and can be very dangerous. There are many foods that can upset dogs stomachs.

    Anyways, this is ridiculous. I don’t know how people have the heart to do this.

    Has anyone been able to figure out exactly who is doing this or is it all still speculation and finger pointing?

  7. ibnturab says:

    I’m not an animal lover by any means, but poisoning the dogs to death is insanely cruel. At least make it a quick death.

  8. Monika Plachecka says:

    Dear Meh. Its shocking to read your comment actually. The point of the debate here is not whether cats or dogs or hippos but the inhumane way of killing any animal or living being. As for your comment that we have a cat problem please tell me how are the cats making a problem for you specifically? Do you know what happened when soon after the invasion all the cats were poisoned here in Kuwait? well there was a huge increase in the rat population. Would that be a better option for you?

    I personally held both dogs and cats who died in my arms from poisoning, shaking and vomiting looking in my eyes hoping I can help them and stop their suffering. It is heartbreaking.

    To be honest even euthanasia would be a more humane way even tough I disapprove of taking the life of any creature. I believe God gave us life and only God can take it away but if I have an option between poison and euthanasia I’d definately choose the latter.

    Many countries in the world have a spaying and neutering program to stop the reproduction of street animals so why cant we do it in Kuwait? If more people stood up and addressed the issue maybe something can be done to stop this brutality. Our group is fighting for many years now and I promise we will not stop until something is done.

    Animals are intelligent and sensitive each having their unique personality. The full ranges of personalities we see in humans exist in animals – the main difference being that cruelty is unique to humans… this attribute does not exist in any other species.

    • meh says:

      Ok let’s see..

      1- Piss everywhere around the house, garden, cars and doors. Unless you love that smell, that’s another matter.

      2- Wash car everyday from piss and dirt since they love to sleep on cars.

      3- Scratched cars.

      4- Mating rituals at midnight.

      5- Fur and blood from fights.

      6- Displacing trash.

      6- and god knows what diseases they carry.

      That’s the things I can think of at the moment.

      • Monika Plachecka says:

        Great 6 points Meh ;) you really convinced me with your phenomenal logic.

        I think in this case we should first poison humans :) We are the biggest cause of pollution destroying the eco-system, polluting any place on this earth that we inhabit creating the mountains of trash (which the cats so rudely displace)and oceans of sewage daily, carrying diseases like HIV, hepatitis, herpes, cholera, leprosy, meningitis, rubella and endless others leaving blood and famine behind after our endless wars.

        And once again please read what I wrote. The point of the debate here is not whether cats or dogs but the inhumane way of killing ANY animal or living being.

        And going back to your 1st, 4th and 5th points which are all results of unspayed and unneutered animals.

        I could never keep a cat in my house which is not neutered cause the smell of the urine will wake up the dead which is why all the animals I have are fixed and anyone who visits my house has no idea that I have animals living with me.

        Urinating on cars and in houses and staircases is their way of marking their territory for the other sex to mate which is why a program to spay and neuter animals will stop their increase in numbers, stop their pee from smelling, stop cat fights cause there will no longer be a fight for dominance and stop the irritating mating rituals with the horrible crying. The traits you describe in your points are all able to be eliminated with this simple program.

        • meh says:

          well okay go ahead and cut off their ummm about like hundreds of thousands of balls?

          plus I already mentioned about taking care of humans.

  9. Monika Plachecka says:

    As for foods that are toxic to dogs and cats .. here are just a few: chocolate, onion & garlic (garlic recently added to the list), avocado, rasins, grapes, macadamia nuts, mushrooms.

    Chocolate contains theobromine, a compound that is a cardiac stimulant and a diuretic. After their dog has eaten a large quantity of chocolate, many dog owners assume their pet is unaffected. However, the signs of sickness may not be seen for several hours, with death following within twenty-four hours. A dog that has ingested a large quantity of chocolate will exhibit symptoms that include staggering, labored breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, tremors, fever, heart rate increase, arrhythmia, seizures, coma or death.

  10. Monika Plachecka says:

    Peanut butter is safe for most dogs when used as an occasional treat – but don’t be tempted to offer other nuts to a dog. Macadamia nuts and walnuts are toxic to canines and can kill them. Stick with raw, organic peanuts instead. And make sure your dog does not have a peanut allergy.

  11. Paula says:

    How rude!!

  12. Paula says:

    Mishal, talking about you above!


Leave a Reply



Commenting is a privilege not a right. I allow comments on the site because I believe that you can make a valuable contribution but in return I expect that you comment responsibly.