Where to Play Tennis or Squash for Cheap

tennis

If you’re looking for a place to play tennis or squash for cheap and without requiring any membership, then the best place I know of is Salmiya Club.

Tennis
Salmiya Club has 5 tennis courts, 4 outdoor and 1 in door. The cost is KD10 per hour (so 5 per person) but they also have monthly membership as well. If you’re not a member then you can come use the courts between 9AM to 1PM and 8PM to 10PM. When you get there you just walk onto the court and start playing, someone will then come collect money from you.

Squash
Salmiya Club also has 6 indoor squash courts as well. Like with tennis you don’t need to be a member to use them. The cost is KD4 (KD2 per person) for 30 minutes but they also have monthly membership. Like with tennis if you’re not a member then you’ve got a limited time slot to play which is 9AM to 1PM and 7PM to 9PM. Make sure you wear sneakers with white soles or they won’t let you use the courts, they’re very anal about this.

If you don’t know where Samiya Club is, here it is on [Google Maps]

1. Robyn says:

I’ll never get a court again… :(

• Mark says:

hahaha it’s why it took my forever to post about this but since I haven’t been there in ages (last time was with you) I figured I’d share it.

2. Rastapopulus says:

I know another great place to play squash with no membership and just KD 1.5 per person. I refuse to divulge any info since I dont want to lose my courts :P

3. noura says:

the squash federation in south surra has 1hr courts for 1.5kd per person and you can get a 1hr lesson for 5kd

4. ahmad alrasheed says:

i always play at the youth community centers in mishref and bayan, great courts and free of charge

5. Adil Rehman says:

I think Better place for Squash is Squash Federation in South Surra. They have 8 or 10 courts (dont remember exact number) for 1.5KD per person and you can play for as long as you want!

6. Paul says:

Aaah, when I opened up the maps link, the pin was in the sea…

7. Ali says:

Hey, thanks for this info.

Wanted to ask, any idea if the squash courts allow females in as well? Thanks

8. Saif says:

Hi:

I’m actually looking for a partner to play squash with, is anybody interested? I play in South Surra (near the Ministries Zone) once a week, but I’d like to play more. If anybody is interested in getting together for a game, please email me at saiful.haque@gmail.com

Thanks.

Saif.

P.S. I’ve had a hard time finding squash partners, so I’ve taken up playing badminton in Kuwait as well. If anybody wants to play badminton, please feel free to drop me an email too.

9. Pols says:

Does they have a number to fix up an appointment or we can walk in and pay and play

10. Arun says:

Very useful info! Was searching for it since ages! Will check it out this weekend šŸ˜€

• Arun says:

As planned, went to the place (surra)… Was a nice experience, staff is friendly. One thing to take care is that it is mandatory to wear non-marking shoes. The inhouse shop has few starting from 40 Kd for a pair. If u like Nike, 360 mall is nearby, and Nike shop is at GL C4. They have few pairs but the starting range is 85 Kd. If your budget is 20 KD or less (as mine) then go to any big sports shop and ask for addidas non marking. I got mine from nearby green tower in fahaheel as I stay nearby. Last thing, the pay per visit is going to increase to 2 KD wef 1st May. Cheers!

11. Rizwan says:

Looking for a squash parter. I’m a beginner.

Email me at : amazing_sign@hotmail.com

Let’s connect. Cheers!

12. Fai says:

Last time I played squash was around 5 years ago, where can I take a lesson to remember everything ? Is the place in surra good ?

13. Fai says:

Does anyone know if I could take lessons in the place in surra even though I haven’t played in about 5 years ?

• Nora says:

Hey, did you find a place to take lessons? I want a place for lessons or someone to play with, I haven’t played tennis in 10 years..

• Irfan says:

Hi Nora,

I just relocated to Kuwait from the UK where I used be a member of local tennis club and I play club standard. I’m keen start playing tennis in Kuwait and happy to have a hit with you.

Drop me a line if you would like to play. My email is ianljmu@hotmail.com

Cheers,
        Irfan

14. Yousef says:

Does anyone want to play tennis? Looking for people to play against..would call my standard intermediate.. let me know!

• F Aleem says:

I’m up for it. I’d say my standard is intermediate as well.
      Let me know if your up for it.
      I’d be glad to join you.
      Many thanks ,

• Raed says:

Are you still interested in playing squash ?? do you still need squash partner ??
        I have a private squash court and Iā€™m looking for a partner to play or practice with him, if you are still interested, please send me email at raed@wataniya-travel.com

it’s free of charge and we can play as much as we want.

• Vasilis says:

Hello ,

i shall be visiting Kuwait next week , and if you wish we can play together ,i will be available after 19:00 daily ,if you are interested let me know ,

Regards

• Irfan says:

Hi Yousef,

As mentioned above, I just relocated to Kuwait from the UK where I used be a member of local tennis club and I play club standard. Iā€™m keen start playing tennis in Kuwait and happy to have a hit with you.

Drop me a line if you would like to play. My email is ianljmu@hotmail.com

Cheers,
      Irfan

15. Jose says:

Does anyone know where’s tennis court in Pintas – Mahboula – Mangaf – Fahaheel area?

• Irfan says:

Hi Jose,

As mentioned in above post, I just relocated to Kuwait from the UK where I used be a member of local tennis club and I play club standard. Iā€™m keen start playing tennis in Kuwait and happy to have a hit with you.

Drop me a line if you would like to play. My email is ianljmu@hotmail.com

Cheers,
      Irfan

16. Ahmed Abou-Shaaban says:

There is Al-Arabi Club, very affordable rates for non mombers who would like to play regularly (only 1 KD per hour per person!)
    If anyone is interested in playing squash anywhere, please contact me at 99800944, i would say i am intermediate to advanced
    Regards
    Ahmed Abou-Shaaban

17. Mohammed says:

Where can i find squash shoes for men in Kuwait?