Million Short is a search engine that allows you to remove the top 1 million most popular web sites from the search results. Actually it’s up to a million since you can also make it remove the first 100, 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000 results. I love it since whenever I search for reviews, most of the time the first 100 links aren’t the ones I’m interested in. The deeper I dig the more amateur stuff I find which is what I always prefer. [Link]
A friend of mine wrote the article below which I thought was interesting to share:
The madness of International development assistance
Ethiopia is one of the most ‘green’ farmlands in the world. Over 80% of the country is blessed with plenty of rain all year, which is the main reason for the fertile farmland that according to international observers, ‘almost everything will grow on it’. And even though the population of Ethiopia has grown with an exploding population of 33.5 million in 1983 to 90 million in 2010, the country has still enough farmland to feed their entire population.
So what is the cause of the famine among the people of in the south -dryer- part of this African agriculture paradise?
Why the need for another concert by Bono and U2? Is it to collect money for the starving people or for their own ego? I would put my money on the last option because while lip syncing how unequal the world wealth has been divided, the super-millionaires of the rock band like the Rolling Stones and David Bowie, are officially registered in The Netherlands due to the friendlier tax climate.
You’ve probably already read about the new Facebook feature that is going to be introduced soon called Timeline. Well if you’re interested in activating it right now for your account you can do that by following the instructions below:
1. Log into Facebook 2. Type “developer” into the Facebook search box and add the developer app to your profile. 3. Go into the developer app if you aren’t automatically prompted. 4. Create a new app and give it a name. You don’t have to create anything serious, this app can be private and seen only by you. Read and agree to the terms on the Platform Privacy agreement. Here is where you will need a verified account. 5. Look for the “Open Graph” and click “Get Started Using Open Graph.”
Create a test action for your app like “watch” a “show” 6. Now you’ll end up in the action type configuration page. Change some default settings and click through three pages of settings 7. Wait a couple minutes 8. Return to your Facebook home screen and you should get an invite to try Timeline
- The entire economy of Singapore
- All the illegal drugs in the world
- The GDP of Denmark
- The combined GDP of Israel, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon
- The Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Stephen King and Twilight franchise combined