Kuwait World’s Laziest Nation

According to a recent report from the World Health Organization, Kuwait ranked as the least active country in the world. The most active country, on the other hand, was Uganda.

Most Active Nations:
1- Uganda
2- Mozambique
3- Lesotho

Least Active Nations:
1- Kuwait
2- American Samoa
3- Saudi Arabia

The WHO defines enough exercise as at least 75 minutes of vigorous activity or 150 minutes of moderately intense activity per week, or any combination of the two.

According to the report, 67 percent of Kuwait’s population failed to hit WHO’s recommended exercise target. That sounds absurdly high considering how much more active everyone in Kuwait has become over the past few years. Check out the full report [Here] or the summarized version on Bloomberg [Here]

Photo on top from Battle of the East

1. LatinMoe says:

past* :)

2. Halyoosha says:

This owes to the weather. The heat doesnt welcome or encourage one to be active in the outdoors, which results in lack of activities overall. Plus, people here living too comfortably due to everything at their disposal.

3. LinK says:

Does any other nation get ice cream delivered? We don’t even get out of our cars to get anything thanks to the bakala. It’s too hot, gyms and exercise programs cost an arm and leg so not many options out there other than walking The Avenues. I can’t wait for the day that I can ride my bike outside, it has gathered dust sitting in the corner.

4. Vimal Varghese Jacob says:

“at least 75 minutes of vigorous activity or 150 minutes of moderately intense activity per week”

this is the bare minimum. how many people actually do this ?
    kuwait needs to step their game up.

5. Kuwait says:

You circle of friends are not ‘everyone in kuwait’.

• Mark says:

Don’t be silly. How many gyms did we have 10 years ago? How many do we have today?

Also pass by shaheed park one night or just drive around neighborhoods with Goal fields and see how much more people are active nowadays than they used to be.

People in Kuwait are a lot more aware nowadays on the importance of fitness then they’ve ever been.

• Sulaiman-COGNAC says:

In rumaithya there are so many people walking even during mid-day or dust. People have been working out a my entire extended family workout every walking 5km everyday, granted that isn’t a huge amount but 2 years ago they didn’t even walk 2 metres.

• Kuwait says:

I don’t know, I feel it’s more like a fad. One year subscription, one month of going.

6. Meshari says:

Not trying to offend you but weather is just an excuse. I’ve lived in -25 C weather where it snowed almost everyday and I still found time to go to the gym in the snow. I came back to Kuwait and I go to the gym (whether it’s cardio to get fit or weight lifting) and there are still people who do cardio in this weather in early morning/after sunset

People here are just lazy!

7. A says:

The picture says we are fine, don’t believe WHO.

8. 3azeez says:

The WHO report is a holy scripture written by holy men. Everything it says is the truth and we must all believe in it.

• Bu Hani says:

All you need to do is compare the number of Obese adults and kids with other nations.
      You can even compare it with Kuwait 50 years ago.
      There is something seriously wrong with the people in government
      When you have a super high rate of obesity and diabetes, but line your seashore with fast food chains. I was in Kuwait airport last night. There was a NAIF Chicken / Burger King right next to the arrivals. The airport has been transformed into a food court. And if that wasn’t enough….. there’s a McDonalds waiting for you outside.

People are being drugged and poisoned by these processed foods. And nobody seems to care.

9. Khalid says:

There are actually some very fit Kuwaiti bodybuilders who rank as some of the best in the world. They are the minority though. I used to weigh about 105 KGs when I was 16 years old, now I’m at 93 KG and working out everyday. We need more gyms and proper sports stores to buy gym equipment, and better healthier options.

• Hamad says:

I don’t know what you’re talking about dude but I think we have a variety of gyms and fitness centers memberships that fit everyone’s goal or budget. I also think there is few sports stores that offer gym equipment. Maybe you want some high end standards to be spread across the country or something along that line.

• Khalid says:

Oh I know, but I was just saying that we should bring a Dicks sporting goods or higher end retailers. Sorry for getting you confused bro, Decathlon is also a great option for building a home gym. I used to be fat in high school, and I just used my family’s equipment to help drop all that weight, so it is possible to be very active without a gym membership. Just need the right motivation and tools. Have a good day.

10. Aussie says:

Wanna bump Kuwait rank to top 10?
    Stop oil production and bring on good old pearl diving, that’ll burn the shit out of your fat.

11. UKCityGent says:

Excercise is the poorest way to lose weight – easy solution is not to eat that 600 calorie additional pizza slices than to run 45 mins !

12. majid says: