Open My Eyes is Big D’s new song and it’s probably his best one yet. [Vimeo]
Also read that they were planning to arrest him after the concert because he was speeding in a borrowed Lamborghini. Too much drama.
Big D is back with a new video and a new message. With this song he speaks out on the youth of today and child labor around the world. He teamed up with UK’s Illusive for this track. [YouTube]
This is another new music video, it’s by Kuwaiti rapper Arabique who’s currently signed to the Bahraini record label Outlaw Productions. I’m not trying to take anything away from him but is it me or are there too many Kuwaiti rappers? Why aren’t there more metal heads like Faisal Al Salem?
Kuwaiti rapper BigMo recently featured in a music video for Saudi Arabian rapper Abz. I just watched it and I actually really liked it even though I’m not much into rap (not unless it was made in the 90s). You can watch the music video “Stress” above, BigMo comes in at around 1:15. [YouTube]
“Amoot Alaik” is the latest single by Kuwaiti musician Aziz AlNasrallah. I posted his previous single before called Tara Aadi which was created by 8-bit sounds generated from a GameBoy. This song is a completely different style and is from his upcoming album “Adawir Nafsi”. Here’s some interesting trivia related to “Amoot Alaik”:
- The idea of the song was conceived in a cafe in Frankfurt International Airport by Aziz and Mishari Hamad after discussing the schizo nature of love/hate relationships.
- During the Emirates Air flight from Frankfurt to Dubai Aziz started jotting down some lyrics and Mishari realized all his equipment was on board and started laying down initial tracks and arranging the lyrics to the music which is why they nicknamed it the “mile high” song.
- Mishari was torn between watching “Prometheus” or working on the song during the flight.
- Amoot Alaik’s arrangement includes a traditional Afro-Kuwaiti beat (Tanboora) which includes goat hooves.
- To compliment the ethnic feel of the beat, a Swiss tuned percussion instrument invented in the year 2000 called a Hang Drum was used.
You can check out the song by hitting play below or you can check out his other songs on [SoundCloud]
Mohammed Taher is a Kuwaiti music director, producer, and writer. Like Pinot, Mohammed also recently got some online acclaim when a couple of days ago the popular gaming blog Joystiq wrote about his upcoming album. The album titled “World 1-2″ is a chiptune album featuring 21 videogame composers including the likes of Mega Man’s Manami Matsumae. Everything is officially licensed by the way from Nintendo and other developers in case you’re wondering. The album comes out May 2nd but you can listen to 5 songs as well as pre-order the album from [Here]
Also, here’s a link to his music label Koopa [Link]
Check out the interview above of local musician Zahed Sultan by O2 Academy TV in London. [YouTube]
The Kuwait Underground was an event that was recently held at Camp Arifjan. It featured an all star lineup of local rappers and acts, most of whom I previously posted about on the blog. The line up featured: O-Zone, B-EZ, DJ Africa, Big D, Trackdealaz, Hera, I am Jay Jay, Ag D Fox, Doss, Electrik Crew, PK Jagaurs, Gran Milli and Zay Dun. The video is a behind the scenes look leading up to the performances that night. [YouTube]
Kuwaiti rapper BigMo who’s currently residing in Portland just released a new music video called “Clarification”. The new video was released to promote his upcoming album ‘Both Sides of the Sand’. Check it out above and if you like his music you can follow BigMo on [Facebook] or [Twitter]