One of the oldest sports clubs in Kuwait is looking to recruit men and women for their rugby team. If you’re interested keep reading below for a small brief on who they are along with information on how to contact them:
Fancy playing rugby? Kuwait Scorpions is always looking to recruit new players. We have both male and female teams. Any level of experience is welcome. Please join us at the American International School (AIS) this coming Sunday from 6PM to 8PM and meet current members, play some touch rugby and get to know a bit about the sport. For more information contact Hussain Al-Helal at email@example.com or visit our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/q8scorpions/
With the upcoming 2016/2017 season fast approaching, Kuwait Scorpions Rugby Club is always looking for new recruits regardless of age, gender, or past rugby experience. Please join us at AIS this coming Sunday from 6-8pm to meet current members and play some touch rugby and get to know a bit about the sport.
A brief overview of Kuwait Scorpions Rugby Football Club (KSRFC)
• The Kuwait Scorpions are the oldest rugby club in the Middle East. Established in 1946 when Kuwait Oil Company and the British Army played the first ever recorded fixture in the region.
• The Kuwait Scorpions are a registered member of Gulf Rugby (formerly Arabian Gulf RFC) which is in turn affiliated with the IRB (International Rugby Board).
• The club consists of players from all around the world; we currently have players from the United Kingdom, Republic of Fiji, USA, Canada, Lebanon, Egypt, South Africa, as well as an increasing number of Kuwaiti players.
• The Kuwait Scorpions is not gender biased and has two main branches, the Men’s Senior Team and the Ladies Senior Team. In addition to the two main branches we have a Men’s Veteran Team that forms for special events.
• The Kuwait Scorpions Men are the defending Dubai 7’s Gulf Men’s Open Champions (2014).
Interested in becoming a Scorpion?
The Kuwait Scorpions would love to hear from you, regardless of your age, gender, or past rugby experience, Kuwait Scorpions Rugby Club provides a great way to keep fit, improve your rugby skills, socialise, and visit other countries around the Gulf region.
If interested, please don’t hesitate to contact Hussain Al-Helal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check out photos of the Kuwait Scorpions from the early 50s, click [Here]